He finally got all the house inspection reports and forwarded them to me at work today. I read through them.
Wood destroying insect inspection: They did NOT find termites but did indicate there was some issues with carpenter bees living under the deck. Well duh...the house is in the middle of the woods and bees are always trying to move in. We have treated for them in the past and I am sure it is really no big deal.
Onsite waist water system inspection: We have a lagoon for sewage. They indicated that there were some erosion issues that needed to be fixed.
The actual Home Inspection: They must have been there all day because the list of issues was very long. A few we expected, a few surprises and some that were just plain silly. The big issue was hail damage on the roof. We knew about that. Just reading the report made me feel sick to my stomach.
Radon Inspection: This is something I have never heard of before but evidently we flunked the Radon inspection big time.
I emailed him back something like "oh...now I feel sick". I never heard from him the rest of the day.
I get home before him and braced myself for him to arrive drunk, depressed and hating life because of how poorly the inspections went. I assumed he would be mulling over how much work he was going to have to do and be completely overwhelmed.
However, he walked in the house in a good mood and was all perky and friendly. It didn't take long for me to bring up the inspections and he kind of laughed and told me the house wasn't going to sell and the Radon inspection was going to be a deal breaker. I told him the Radon thing was all news to me and I have bought and sold 4 houses in my life. I truly didn't understand what it was all about...what it meant....what we should do. I wanted to discuss it and he treated me like a stupid child for not understanding the whole situation.
I got upset with him being condescending and with the shock that the whole sale could be off. I excused myself and retreated to the bedroom.
I just felt so blindsided with how it all happened...and the idea that the house sale was off made me realize how jazzed up I had become at the idea of being done with the two house payments and all the crap we have been dealing with for the last 2 years due to having two houses.
Let down and confused I cried myself to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me a comment or I won't know you are out there!