The next day JDK and I talked about the dog nail incident. He thought I had really over reacted so I explained that part of my reaction was frustration because I am rather sick of having to nag, for weeks, that the dog needs it's nails trimmed. All the while Olive hobbles around the house on her nails and goes CLICK CLICK CLICK on my wood floors.
He admits he doesn't want to be a pet owner and doesn't want to do it. I told him then he should take her to a groomer or vet and get it done by a professional. He should just take her regularly so we can have a house with less drama.
He agreed!
...........and then tried to delegated it to me. I told him it was his problem not mine; explaining that I don't want two dogs and didn't sign up for that and he should take care of her. He said he would take care of it....we will see what happens.
Everyone is always trying to push off their work on me. I have to say no. I am always buried in my TO DO list. I don't have time to get my own car fixed much less do everything for others.
The good news is that he was willing to discuss and problem solve. The bad news is he really was completely clueless as to why I would have been upset with him. Evidently when I remind him (calmly) over and over again it doesn't register to him that I could actually be frustrated that the issue lingers on for weeks and weeks with no resolution.
I have had this issue before. I remember distinctly, about 25 years ago, telling the older kid's dad and Friss, who was a teenager at the time, that I was sick and tired of people not listening to me or taking me seriously until I erupted in a fit of rage; that communicating in a civilized manner was just ignored by everyone. Not fair to me at all. They essentially force me to be a crazy yelling person or let them walk all over me.
The only reason JDK got the dog was because he expected Roslyn to take care of it. Then when she left, he kept the dog because it was "Beanie's" dog. That is where the problem started. He got a dog for the kid knowing full well she would not take care of it. If Roslyn was to care for it, it should have been her dog and she should have taken it with her.
My dog, which my daughter loves and plays with, is MY dog and I am responsible for her. I signed up for that when I brought her home as a puppy. I do what needs to be done for her. I do not expect other to do it for me. I trained her to be a good companion for me. I taught her to behave while I cut her toenails.
His dog has not been trained at all. She won't walk on a leash without pulling, she barks too much and she doesn't come if called, etc etc. She is a pain in the ass and is a bad influence on my dog..
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me a comment or I won't know you are out there!