Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas 2017

We had a good Christmas.

Beanie got her ears pierced and we went to Colorado for a ski vacation.  Very few actual gifts were wrapped and exchanged, which makes me happy.  Shopping is not my thing.

Last night I stayed up late working on a puzzle and sipping a beer.  Everyone else went to be at 8:30.  I enjoyed my "Me time" very much.  When I finally crawled into bed at 11 pm it was cold and I curled up close to JDK and fell asleep.  We spent the whole night cuddling close and I woke up feeling loved and happy.

One thing that has been a huge positive change for me in our relationship is the cuddling while sleeping.  When we were married he always slept WAY on the other side of the bed, facing away from me with his arm cocked under his body so there was no way to cozy up behind him.  On top of that, he had his body shaved so he was generally a prickly mess.  This always left me feeling sad and rejected.  Why sleep with a handsome guy if you can't cuddle...right?

Now, he tries to cuddle and sleeps closer to me most every night.  It certainly makes me feel loved and desired.  Of course life is never as easy as problem solved.  At our age other issues come into play.  First, we have both started snoring so on some nights you have to make some space to save your ears.  Also, I have my "hot" moments where cuddling just creates a sweaty annoying mess.  I need to kick off the covers and cool back off.  The hot flashes pass relatively quickly but they are super annoying as they usually hit the minute we get all snuggled up comfy.

The good news is we always make the best of it.  Neither one of us are happy about snoring, but I guess this is how life rolls; old people snore.  I am really thankful that we are both snoring even though he is almost 10 years my junior and has only 13% body fat.  (I always thought only fat people snored.....woops.)

In other news Beanie is getting boobs and I am sooooo sick of working too much.  So back to work for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment or I won't know you are out there!